Partners in Grain WA (PinG WA) is a state-wide not-for-profit organisation supporting WA farm businesses and strengthening the WA agricultural industry by providing valued and dynamic professional development opportunities.
PinG WA is very much driven by farmers, for all members of the farmer business…. And their community
As PinG WA is not a commercial organisation we do not compete with services that are already available. Our role is to provide services and opportunities that are not being delivered or are not readily accessible to rural WA. Our part-time Coordinator and Board of Management act as a support mechanism to get professional development happening where and when it is required.
PinG WA is proud to be a self-funded not-for-profit. We operate a cost-recovery model to deliver our workshops and actively seek partnerships with like-minded parties (private enterprise, government and government agencies) to develop and expand our programs.
Partners in Grain was launched as a national organisation in 2001 and was managed in WA by a State Reference Group. In 2017 PinG WA became its own incorporated association and the national organisation transitioned to an Alliance model.
PinG WA is a member of the Partners in Grain Alliance. The purpose of the alliance is to foster collaboration, information sharing, communication and support between its members (Vic/Tas, QLD, SA, WA and NSW) who are not-for-profit organisations, that deliver professional development to the Australian agricultural industry.
Board of Management
PinG WA is looking to welcome professional and passionate members from the agricultural industry to the Board of Management. The PinG WA Inc. Board is a voluntary management committee however all PinG WA related travel and accommodation expense are reimbursed.
Board members are elected for a three year term. The anticipated time commitment of Board members are:
- 1 x face to face meeting per year (1-1.5 days in Perth all accommodation and travel paid)
- 3 x video/ teleconferences per year (1.5 hours in duration)
- Ad-hoc assistance via telephone and email
- Attendance at PinG WA Inspire forum (27 and 28 March 2018)- 2018 only
PinG WA employs a part-time Coordinator who manages the operational activities of the organisation. The Board’s role is primarily strategic, however they are also expected to contribute on-ground advice/local knowledge and networks for your region.
The main roles of a Board member include:
- Developing strategic direction for PinG WA
- Identifying grower professional development requirements for your local area and assisting in developing the opportunity to deliver professional development programs in your area and across the state
- Portfolio duties- each board member accepts a portfolio which is an area of PinG WA operation that is of interest to them. Throughout their term they will oversee this area of PinG WA and provide support to coordinator as needed.
- On-ground PinG WA contact- attendance at local PinG WA workshops in your area if required and occasional speaking at events in your area
Current Board members include:
CHAIR – Bronwyn Fox, Dandaragan
Portfolio: Sponsorship & funding
VICE CHAIR- Gemma Walker, Munglinup
Portfolio: Workshop development
SECRETARY- Nicole Batten, Yuna
Portfolio: PinG Alliance
TREASURER: Julie Alvaro, Merredin
Helen Woodhams, Kojonup
Tracey Hobbs, Toodyay
Natalie Hogg, Williams
Portfolio: Marketing and communication
PinG WA Coordinator
PinG WA employs a part-time coordinator (0.3-0.4 FTE) to manage the day to day running of the organisation. Hellene McTaggart is contracted as the current Coordinator and works from her home office in Mingenew.
If you have any questions or are seeking more information about the PinG WA Board please contact any of the Board members via email or our Coordinator, Hellene McTaggart on 0477 083 999 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Management- Expression of Interest
The following questions are designed to gather information on your suitability as a member of the Partners in Grain WA Board. Please fill in the form below.